Washing clothes these days is so much easier than it was for our mothers.Especially if you have small kids–having a washing machine frees you from the chore of cleaning the piles of baby clothes. Yet, if we’re in a hurry, we might take a few shortcuts when washing clothes, and as a result our clothes and particular fabrics may not look as good as they could! These mistakes are very easily avoided, and the result is a longer life for your favourite clothes.
Just a little bit of attention to the garment tags and washing instructions will keep your clothes looking good for longer – and will go a long way towards your washing machine maintenance, too. Here are some useful laundry tips to help you understand how to take care of your clothes and to help your washing machine run smoothly.
Washing Clothes Tips: Things to Check Before Washing
- Read the washing instructions on the garment tags: These wash symbols are there to help you maintain your clothes.If you don’t follow the instructions on the care labels, you may end up with faded or torn clothes.
- Check all pockets before washing clothes: With a child in the house, it is even more important to empty all pockets completely. Hidden pieces of crayon can melt inside the machine and create a permanent stain. Muddy hands inside the pockets leave behind grime and pebbles that have to be dusted out. You might even find pieces of broken toys inside their pockets that could tear the fabric and scratch the inside of the washing machine.
- Close all zippers when washing clothes: Open zippers can rip clothes or stretch fabrics by pinning them together.
Simple Washing Instructions and Laundry Tips
- Treat stains immediately: Sometimes you’re so busy that you forget to treat a tough stain as soon it attacks your clothes. Treat stains as soon as possible – once they have dried, it can be more difficult to remove tough stains. But don’t forget to check the washing symbols for the washing instructions first! Also, remember that with Surf excel Matic, it has become easier to get rid of stains since you don’t need to soak anymore!
- Separate your wash:Your kid’s light pink frock may have suddenly changed colour thanks to those dark clothes that you washed with it. The dyes used in your dark clothes may bleed onto other garments. One of the most important laundry tips is to avoid washing dark and light clothes together.
- Organise your wash: Do you ever end up with unmatched socks? To prevent this from happening, put your socks in a mesh laundry bag before washing clothes.
- Don’t overload the washer:If you overload the washing machine, your clothes will not get as clean as they could. This also will put unnecessary pressure on the motor, leading to faster wearing down of the blades.
- Don’t use too much detergent: If your kid’s t-shirt is attacked by tough stains, then you might be tempted to use a lot of detergent when washing it! Read the dosage instructions carefully on your detergent box. Overuse of detergent when washing clothes may result in the clothes coming out still soapy, which can cause a dank smell on the clothes. If you’re using Surf Excel Matic, here are the dosage instructions that you need to follow.
- Don’t forget about drying your clothes!:Your little one always keeps you on your toes,and you may put off drying your wet clothes in order to look after them.This delay can lead to a moldy smell on your clothes. To prevent this from happening, put your laundry up for drying immediately after you have washed your clothes.
The laundry blunders surely do not end here. We’re sure you have other stories, too! Share your washing clothes tips and your own experiences here – this will help others clean their laundry more efficiently, too!