This is definitely best made outside on a patio or area of grass, as the lemonade fizzes everywhere! Brilliant fun for kids to build and watch and we recommend taking photos – as the results are spectacularly messy!
What you need:
- A handful of sweets with sugar shells (e.g.: Mentos, Skittles or M&M’s)
- Two litre bottle of lemonade
- Small square of card (10cm by 10cm)
What to do:
- Roll up the sweets in the paper to make a stack about 6cm high and cover one end with the square of card
- Open the bottle of lemonade and remove the cap, place the roll of sweets on top with the card still in place
- When you’re ready, pull the card away so the sweets fall quickly into the bottle of lemonade and make a swift getaway to avoid getting soaked!
- You can keep adding sweets to the bottle another ten or so times, so don’t worry if you don’t get the results on camera the first time!
Did you know there are lots more fun experiments you can do with bottles and some simple ingredients, like these bottles of wonder?