“My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: he believed in me.” - Jim Valvano.
Dads – they are the ultimate heroes in the lives of their kids. For a father, his children never grow up – they are always young and innocent, and need care. A father is like a human shield, protecting his children against all odds. And there could be nothing better than to honour these superheroes by your little ones themselves. Below are a few fun ideas for your kids to make their dads feel special!
Best Gifts for Dad
The best gifts for dad are thoughtful and personalised – and they don’t have to cost much money! Here are three great ideas for gifts that your kids can give their dad:
Breakfast in Bed – All dads love some extra pampering, especially when their own kids shower them with love! To make their ‘Daddy’ feel special, you could simply ask your kids to begin by serving their dad’s favourite breakfast in bed along with a cup of hot coffee and the newspaper.
Paper Clips (In Different Shapes) – More often than not, fathers are generally the ones responsible for all the paperwork at home. But paperwork can be pretty boring, so ask your kid to gift him some paper clips in different shapes and sizes – hearts, trees, animals, or geometrical shapes. This will brighten up his day and his paperwork sessions, too.
Bake A Cake – Sweets on any occasion are savoured without any second thoughts! Moms, help your kids prepare some delicious muffins for their dads. The kids can do all the measuring and mixing while you take care of the baking. It will be a fun activity for the kids and they will feel that they have done something to make their fathers happy too. They can also finger-paint the muffins with a mixture of cream and food colour. One of the simplest designs to make would be hearts – just two opposite thumb impressions.
Handmade Gifts for Dad
If children take some extra effort to make something for them, fathers will be the happiest people on Earth!Here are two great ideas for handmade gifts that are perfect for dads. Hand Print Card – Teach your children to make a hand print card for their dads – they will definitely love it. Things you need:
- White card paper
- Craft paper
- Paint / water colour / markers / crayons
- Google eyes
- Fabric scraps
How to make it:
- Ask your child to trace his or her hand (with the fingers held tightly together) onto a craft paper.
- Then help him or her to neatly cut the handprint and decorate it with crayons, paints, markers, scraps, and google eyes.
- Once done, help your kids paste the cut-out on the white card paper and ask them to write a lovely message to their dad! Dads are sure to appreciate this handmade gift.
Personalised Photo Books/Photo Frame – Memories are precious and all parents love saving the happy memories of their children in whatever way they can. One of the best and easiest ways of preserving memories is photographs. Therefore, a photo frame will be a perfect gift.
Things you need:
- A5 or A4 card cut in half
- Stickers/any other embellishments
- 3 Photographs
How to make it:
- Ask your child to draw two Ds and an A shape onto the card, and cut it out. Moms, help your kids cut out the inside of the letters.
- Adorn the letters - Simply use stickers, gems, ribbons, sequins, or pompoms.
- Paste a photo to the back of each letter so that it fills the cutouts. Trim all extra bits of the photos.
- Help your kid layer the letters so they overlap slightly. Then form the word ‘Dad’ and glue it together.
- Then simply laminate the photo frame.
The Importance of Fathers
Fathers are undoubtedly the most important male figures for children. For all that a daddy does for his children, he deserves something special, and these lovely gifts for dad are sure to melt his heart. Nothing in life can be more precious than parents and family. These are relations to cherish and treasure. And, the more a child shares and celebrates with his family, the more he will understand the importance of bonding and togetherness. Do you agree with us? Then share your views!